[Freeciv-Dev] Re: buildings.ruleset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: buildings.ruleset
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:56:44 -0500

At 2000/01/28 10:13 , ½²«íµØXY wrote:
>This patch mostly renames the effects.

It also adds a "sabotage" field, which has lots of problems.  It tries to
do too many incompatable things.  Hence, I'd say to remove it for now.
Otherwise, we could design something better.  In case you are interested in
some of the problems I found, they are:
- comment in ruleset files don't match implementation
- not communicated to client (missing from handle_ruleset_building()
  in client/packhand.c)
- not implemented in gtk or mui clients
- diplomat_sabotage():
  - sense of test to be able to sabotage inverted
  - comments not updated
  - use is wrong: applies to more than just capital city

While looking at handle_ruleset_building(), I noticed that bldg_reqr,
ttyp_reqr, tspc_reqr, and replaced_by all seem to be pointer assignments to
separately allocated memory blocks.  So, shouldn't the old ones be free()d
before the assignments to the new ones (much like helptext (What happens
first time through with helptext?))?

jjm