[Freeciv-Dev] Re: buildings.ruleset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: buildings.ruleset
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:49:44 -0500

At 2000/01/19 09:03 , iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>This should complete impr-gen-2.diff.gz
>Please let me know if I left out anything.

The CVS has progressed, so I did a merge of impr-gen-2.diff and
impr-com.diff against the latest CVS.  Also, did some clean-up (#includes
should be in alphabetical order; manhattan project needed help text; made
an express enum out of range).

Uploaded the whole thing to
<ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/impr-gen-7.diff.gz>.

There are still several things to do, it seems:

- There are still lots of references to the old B_ constants.  Shouldn't
they all be replaced with some EF_ reference?  (Except for B_LAST, which
can be made a special marker -- see U_LAST and Unit_Type_id in unit.h.)

- Once all the B_ references are gone, the strong connection to that enum
is broken.  It then should be possible to have an indefinite number of
improvements, and list them in any order in the buildings.ruleset file.
(Making sure to not break compatibility with old save files.)

- Each effect (e.g., "MakeContent", "SeaMove", etc) should be individually
commented as to exactly what it does, and what parameters it uses, in the
header section of the buildings.ruleset files.

Also, I have a question:

- What is the difference between "bldg_req" and "effect.cond_b"?  What is
the difference between "tile_req" and "effect.cond_t"?

jjm