[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Worklist, take III

To: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Worklist, take III
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:35:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Peter Schaefer wrote:

> >no.... What happens if you expect somebody else to finish the wonder but
> >you want to save the points up for a wonder which you cannot build yet..?
> >If it Automatically changed the greatwall and you had saved up 300
> >shields, it would finish it in next turn....
> >

> You want some kind of "generic wonder".
> It would make sense to make it available with capitalization,
> and capitalize all shields over 600 shields. (the cost for a costly wonder).
> However maybe you want it earlier, maybe
> associated with the currency/trade advance.
>
> The entire wonder rule is sort of ugly, I think especially with the arrival
> of
> capitalization everyone putting shields into a wonder that has already been
> built should get these shields converted into gold.

Personally, I think the shields should be wasted.

And I think that the shields should be wasted if you change wonders.  How
can you turn your 90% built pyramids into a women's suffrage?  [answers on
a postcard]

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Jules aka     | jules@xxxxxxxxxx              |  Richmond, Surrey   |