[Freeciv-Dev] flags

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] flags
From: Robert Brady <rwb197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:15:41 +0000 (GMT)

There is a patch against CVS to add some new flags and some new nations
at http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~rwb197/freeciv.diff

This adds the following nations :

  * Welsh
  * Koreans
  * Scottish
  * Israelis
  * Argentines

It also adds the follow flags

  * European Union
  * Canada
  * Ireland
  * Belgium
  * Iceland
  * Pakistan
  * Greenland
  * Austria
  * the United Nations
  * NATO
  * Vietnam
  * Thailand
  * The Olympic movement
  * The Kingdom of Elgaland and Vargaland.

Some of these, e.g. UN, NATO and EU would probably only be of use for
scenarios. Oh, and it adds some translations en_GB

I thought about adding support for per-government flags in the rulesets,
e.g. if I was playing the Russian, I'd get the "f.russia" flag all the
time, unless I had a communist government, in which case I'd get
"f.soviet_union."

Is that worth doing, or would giving away government type make that a bad
thing?

--
Robert