[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion/Request

To: Chris Drelich <hyena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion/Request
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:55:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Chris Drelich wrote:

> How about making the client work well on B&W systems? It would be
> great to play FreeCiv on my old X-Terminals. Im pretty sure it would
> be possible to make it work, as the Original Mac68k version of
> Civilization ran in B&W.  Here's hoping.

Well, the Xaw widgets certainly look fine (which is to say, as ugly as
they normally do) in B&W, since they were always designed for B&W.  I
imagine there's a B&W GTK theme, although I'm not sure.  That only leaves
the piccies. We need someone to do a B&W tileset.

I would suggest working with the big (engel's) tiles, since you need more
space to make out detail in B&W.  Simply running a decent Floyd-Steinberg
dither over them would probably make something usable, but hand-tuning
would be required after that.

Anyone up to the task?

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |