[Freeciv-Dev] Turns left patch, once again

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Turns left patch, once again
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Jan 2000 00:48:54 +0100

Ok, I think I've done the Right Thing. (Still learning freeciv :)

I've taken Sebastian Bauers city_turns_to_build function and placed it
in city.c (Someone suggest a better place), and modified it to return 1
instead of 0 when rounds to build is less than 1, since it will always
take atleast 1 turn anyway.

I'm just getting used to the i18n stuff, but i've sz_strlcat'ed _("turns
left") and _("turn left") to the buffer in
city_dialog_update_building, and I've done the same with _("turn") and
_("turns") in change_callback. I assume leading spaces are a no-no in
arguments to _()? Also, this gives 4 strings to translate, I assume
translating "left" alone would give some strange results :)

Also, How do I increase the label width in city_dialog_update_building
for the xaw client?
AFAIK, the gtk client increases width automagically, is this correct?

Sorry for my missing knowledge in these areas, but gui programming in
gtk and xaw is still a bit new to me :-)
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway