[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cultural Domination, Missle Bases & Fog of War

To: idjason@xxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cultural Domination, Missle Bases & Fog of War
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:25:37 +0100

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 03:30:57PM +0000, idjason@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> 1. For cultural domination have a city improvement called a radio
> station
>   and also maybe an improved version called a TV station(sort of like
> librarys and universitys). They would increase your domination over
> your   people.

I'd rather want this to cause more singlemindedness among the people,
whether or not it would be for or against the government's policies.
I.e. in democracy it could turn against you.

> 3. Missle Bases; These would be like land bases, stationary
> submarines     that could fire nuclear and cruise missles in the case of
> a nuclear     attack, just like in real life. Maybe make them only
> visible to ground    units. The technology required would probably be
> either rocketry, or     stealth IMO.

I'm not sure adding or improving advanced technology is interesting at
all.  I don't know abouit ours, but less than 1% of my games ever reach
the airplane/armor stage.  Solitary games against AI do, but the AI
can't cope with it.  Better improve that first, IMO.

--
Reinier