Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: jjm: Multi-client configure support added.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: jjm: Multi-client configure support added.
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 07:10:01 -0500

At 1999/12/28 06:41 , David Pfitzner wrote:
>> ... an automated notification of a change to freeciv cvs,
>> on Mon Dec 27 09:25:00 PST 1999 = Mon Dec 27 17:25:00 1999 (GMT)
>> by Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Multi-client configure support added.
>
>It used to be that the "best guess" would use Xaw3d if available,
>in preference to plain Xaw (if Gtk+ not available).  The new setup
>doesn't seem to do this.  I think it would be good to do something
>like this, to try to reduce the occurence of Xaw variants problems.

I figured that the vanilla Xaw would be less inclined to "Xaw variants
problems" than Xaw3d.

>Also, just a note that INSTALL will need to be revised, since eg
>"--with-xaw" is now "--enable-client=xaw".

Oops.  Mised that.  Thanks!

>Wouldn't it be more consistent for "--with-xaw3d" to become
>"--enable-client=xaw3d"?  (Which internally would set the client
>to xaw and turn on Xaw3d define etc.)

I guess it depends upon your point of view.  "xaw" is a client (it has a
subdirectory in ./client), but "xaw3d" is just a variant (it does not have
a subdirectory in ./client).  It's more like "--with-efence".  Again, this
is just from my point of view.  Others?

jjm