Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: small trade patch (with patch) (PR#200)

To: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: small trade patch (with patch) (PR#200)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:05:51 -0500

At 1999/12/19 16:57 , Peter Schaefer wrote:
> The Trade Weighting has to about as large as the Shield Weighting,
> otherwise the AI will build Barracks to create veterans in cities
> with only 1 shields production.
>
> (On the other hand, about 2 trade is needed to buy one unit of
>production.. .)
>
>The patch
>- changes TRADE_WEIGHT from 8 to 12
>- makes some init functions use TRADE_WEIGHT instead of 8
>- renames a single letter variable to a more telling name.

This patch seems to do a lot more than what you describe:

- a bunch of "claimed" stuff is added but not used
- change use of production to use of production surplus
- a check to not build a capital if already has one
- and, it includes your bodyguard patch

Plus, the patch was broken in transmission, so I can't apply it.  (While it
may make for extra work, I find it safest to always gzip a patch and send
it as a binary attachment.)

jjm