Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New rules for little towns? Modify settlers?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New rules for little towns? Modify settlers?
From: iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 19:41:35 -0500 (EST)

> > > Btw, I posted a patch on optionally adding an unhappy
> > > citizen for every Nth cities you have a few days ago.
> > > However, nobody seems to bother.
> >
> > Umm... Isn't it already like that?
> > That all citizens over a limit are unhappy by default...
> > I really think so... :)
>
>        There are two separate points.
>        There is a city size at which all new citizens are unhappy.  This
> ranges from 2-6 depending on your difficulty level in Microprose
> Civilization.
>        There is another setting which is the number of cities beyond which
> each city gains an additional unhappy person.
>
>        Both of these factors have been in Freeciv for several versions
> now.

What the patch does is it continues to add unhappy
citizen"s" as the number of cities you own increases.
Therefore, you can't keep on expanding.
For example :
cityfactor + empire_size_mod = 12
                empire_size_inc = 5
        number of cities        extra unhappy citizens
                5                       0
                10                      0
                15                      1
                20                      2