Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Paratroopers

To: Patrick Schmid <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'Freeciv-Dev (E-Mail)" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Paratroopers
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:52:08 -0600

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 09:39:14PM +0100, Patrick Schmid wrote:
> I'm wondering what the use of paratroopers is. I've built them, but it can't
> use them.

        Check your buildings.  Airports are useful.

        Paratroopers can "teleport" up to 10 squares.  They then get 1
movement point to spread out with.
        This means that they can attack across water and do other things
that "cooler" offensive units (Howitzers, Mech. Inf., etc) can't.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."