Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: two utilities for use on saved games

To: jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: two utilities for use on saved games
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:24:06 +0100

> I agreed with your own embedded comments about the mainless-civserver kluge
> being a hack.  So, I rearranged things a bit.  Now, much like civclient,
> the main() routine does little but call srv_main(), which is contained in a
> new file called server/srvmain.c (also, there's a new server/srvmain.h).

Perfect; I didn't want to do this myself because it might not be accepted.

> The attached patch is your patch, plus my few changes.  After applying the
> patch, you will need to do "automake;autoheader;autconf".
>
> I believe there's still more to be done on this patch.  I'd like to see as
> much of srv_main() as possible moved back into main().  Also, the
> util/README could use more info on how to use the utilities (I just copied
> in the --help texts).  Hopefully, though, this is a good start.

Also, I still had some problems getting it to work on both Linux and Solaris.
And there is the question of whether the patch should be included into CVS at
all.
If not, I'd still like to see the srv_main() part included.

--
rp