Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: norwegian locale support

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: norwegian locale support
From: Stig Erik Sandoe <stig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 18:35:12 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> At 1999/11/12 19:08 , Stig Erik Sandoe wrote:
> >I decided today that I should contribute some and started to
> >write locale support for norwegian for freeciv. I checked out
> >the latest version of freeciv from CVS, copied freeciv.pot to
> >no.po and started translating.
>
> Great, thanks!  Would you care to be the primary contact for the Norwegian
> locale, and listed as such on the Localization page?

No problem. I will probably not pay close attention to freeciv-dev
so any locale-specific things should be marked as such in the header
to get noted.

> >Curently half of the messages are translated.. approx 920 messages
> >and already the file is 275k so I am somewhat curious on
> >how to submit the po-file, I presume it will be very unpopular to
> >send it to the mailinglist :)
>
> True :)  Humm.  I thought this was covered on the web site, but I grepped
> for it and couldn't find it.  Sounds like we need another change to the web
> site...
>
> If you have something large to submit, gzip it and use anonymous FTP to
> upload it to the incoming directory on the Freeciv FTP server:
>
>     ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/
>
> Then, send email to freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx referencing the file you just
> uploaded.

Just uploaded ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/no.po.gz

It is the alpha-version of a norwegian po-file. It contains 1508
translated messages, while 350 is not translated. I tried to
translate the most important stuff, ie the most repeated or content
seen most frequently.

Now if only those silly arabs would give in.. ;)

Stig Erik Sandoe     stig@xxxxxxxxx    http://www.ii.uib.no/~stig/