Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: norwegian locale support

To: Stig Erik Sandoe <stig@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: norwegian locale support
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:07:03 -0500

At 1999/11/12 19:08 , Stig Erik Sandoe wrote:
>I decided today that I should contribute some and started to
>write locale support for norwegian for freeciv. I checked out
>the latest version of freeciv from CVS, copied freeciv.pot to
>no.po and started translating.

Great, thanks!  Would you care to be the primary contact for the Norwegian
locale, and listed as such on the Localization page?

>(Aren't the instructions for making
>locale-info on the webiste somewhat wrong? e.g you need LANG.po to
>make LANG.pox)

Yes.  Thanks for pointing that out.

>Curently half of the messages are translated.. approx 920 messages
>and already the file is 275k so I am somewhat curious on
>how to submit the po-file, I presume it will be very unpopular to
>send it to the mailinglist :)

True :)  Humm.  I thought this was covered on the web site, but I grepped
for it and couldn't find it.  Sounds like we need another change to the web
site...

If you have something large to submit, gzip it and use anonymous FTP to
upload it to the incoming directory on the Freeciv FTP server:

    ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/

Then, send email to freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx referencing the file you just
uploaded.

jjm