Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] City names are re-used (PR#173)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] City names are re-used (PR#173)
From: tamasis@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:30:16 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Mattias Andersson
Version: 1.9.1-devel
Client: Gtk+
OS: Debian
Submission from: (NULL) (195.162.64.13)

When I choose to create a new city and the Build New City dialog comes up,
it has a name suggestion in it. I let the suggestion be and the city will
be created.

Later in the game the city is being either destroyed by enemies, or I
disband it myself, rename it or something else that will cause the city
with that name disappear.

Then i choose to create a new city again and the
default name in the dialog is the city name that disappeared, because the
program simply takes the first city name in the file nations.ruleset that
doesn't exist on the map and returns it to the dialog.