Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: French translations

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: French translations
From: Philippe Fremy <philippe.fremy@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:25:11 +0100

> As far as I know nobody is mantaining the translation of
> freeciv to French so you are welcome, but talk with Jeff Malatt
> jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooohh, how shocking! :-))

I checked on the web stats, at least 2% of the poeple browsing freeciv are
french, so there is quite a lot of poeple interested in the game. It should
not be hard to find poeple to help (I hope).

I checked the fr.po file, it is completly out of date, 70% of the
translations are not done, and 29% of the translations are wrong. So the
whole file is to be translated. I think it's something like 2000 lines to
translate, a few menu entries and a lot of text.

Well, I'm willing to take the project, but not alone. I contact Jeff Malatt
right now, all french poeple here are welcomed to join.

        Philippe