Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] river h-elp text

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] river h-elp text
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 08:55:49 -0400

At 1999/10/21 14:42 , Greg Wooledge wrote:
>(Munging the Subject line just in case!)
>
>This adds some help text for the new Rivers.

Yes, we need help on Rivers when the rivers are specials (Civ2-style), but
we already have help on "River" when the rivers are terrain types
(Civ1-style).  Also, the numbers quoted as to trade, defense, movement,
etc. depend upon the terrain ruleset.

So, perhaps I'd like to see this help text moved into the terrain.ruleset
file.  Something like "river_help_text= ... " could be added after
"river_trade_incr= ...".  If the value of river_help_text is not empty,
then in boot_help_texts() in client/helpdata.c that value could be inserted
after the last HELP_TERRAIN item.  The terrain.ruleset files in data/civ1
and data/classic would have empty values, while the others would have an
appropriate description.

jjm