Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Nations with the same flag (PR#157)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Nations with the same flag (PR#157)
From: tim.leeuwvander@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 02:45:50 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Tim N. van der Leeuw
Version: CVS 18 Oct. 1999
Client: Gtk+
OS: Linux 2.2.13pre17 / SuSE 6.1
Submission from: (NULL) (192.39.227.188)

I started a new game with one AI player and chose the Romans for myself. The AI
was given the Aztecs.

It turned out the we both had the same flag. This made play next to impossible,
for I couldn't make out which were my own units.

I played another game, this time with two AI's, and we all had different flags
this time round.

I think that the startup code in the server should try to avoid creating nations
which have the same flag.

--Tim