Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#148)

To: Nils Jeppe <nils@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#148)
From: Anders Wegge Jakobsen <wegge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Oct 1999 09:44:53 +0200

Nils Jeppe <nils@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I hope this works as a followup. Kinda annoying I can't reply in guest
> mode...

 It did.

> Regarding the Active Unit Blinking Bug:
>
> No, I didn't change my system clock. I do have a crontab entry
> which uses ntpdate to update my time, but since this happens every hour,
> if it was the cause, I do think I would have come across it earlier...

 Unless your system clock is really screwed up, you wont change the
time much when you set it each hour. I once made a /slight/ typing
mistake and set the time a few hours into the future, and when i set
it back, the units stopped blinking.

> (it is now 3:01 am and my crontab just changed my time, and units in
> freeciv are still blinking.)

 Okay, scratch one of the possible non-error causes.

--
/Wegge