Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: linux/ppc freeciv probs again...

To: patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: linux/ppc freeciv probs again...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:37:23 +1000 (EST)

Patrik Jonsson wrote:

> For a brief time freeciv 1.8.1 worked for me, but now I've compiled the
> latest cvs source and when I start the client it says:
>
> 0: Couldn't find a supported gfx file extension for misc/intro

I had another thought of the likely cause of this.

If you did "cvs up" recently, you probably have to do "cvs up -d".
Unfortunately "cvs up" doesn't pick up new directories by default,
so you may be missing the new data/misc directory?

Aftering doing "cvs up -d" you probably also have to re-run
configure to get the makefiles right.

-- David