Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reorganized the data directory.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reorganized the data directory.
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 10:27:05 -0400

At 1999/10/04 23:17 , David Pfitzner wrote:
>Jeff Mallatt wrote:
>
>> Humm.  Perhaps a better way would be to (using current names) rename
>> default.tileset back into trident.tileset, and then at build time create a
>> soft link to trident.tileset named default.tileset.
>
>Another possibility would be to rename as above, and instead of
>the soft lin change the hardwired internal string "default" to
>be "trident", and not have a default.tileset.

Yeah, I like this idea.  Attached is a small patch which does this, though
in a way that leaves the "default" fallback mechanism.  This patch includes
only the code changes (no structure or Makefile changes).  So, to test the
patch, first build with it, then rename (or copy) default.tilespec to
trident.tilespec.

jjm