Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch: on translating "Game"

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: on translating "Game"
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:01:15 -0400

To try to make more concrete the many discussions 'on translating "Game"',
here's my interpretation, implemented as a patch to the latest CVS.

It changes "Game Animals" back to just "Game" -- but in a 'qualified'
manner, i.e., as "?animals:Game".  I changed the .po files accordingly.

Currently, the only place I used the new 'qualified' string macro (which I
called Q_() -- I thought __() was too easy to mistake for _()) was in
translate_data_names() in common/game.c -- though, I used it for all the
translations this routine does.

jjm