Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Government specific units

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Government specific units
From: Sune Kirkeby <sune@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:42:41 +0200

Hi all,

I have been working on implementing support for government specific units
in freeciv, and I would like feedback on my work. Be warned that the attached
patch only shows the structure of the code, it does not do all that
many useful things yet.

The aspects of government specific units implemented are:

o Two new fields in unit types:
   gov_build_requirement
   gov_upkeep_requirement
  These indicate, when set, that the given government is reqired to build
  units (gov_build_requirement), and that the given government is required
  in upkeeping a unit (gov_upkeep_requirement, this is needed for CTP
  compatibility).
o A list of unit-specific upkeep values attached to each government
  type.

These two together should allow us to have Fanatics from Civ 2, and Clerics
from CTP.

I have attached the patch, so you can look at the gory details, if you
so desire. Be warned (again) that it's not complete yet.

--
Sune Kirkeby | "Imagine, if you will, that there were no such