Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] civ2 add-to city size limit

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] civ2 add-to city size limit
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:34:14 -0400

The Civ2 manual states that you may add to its population, if it has fewer
than 10 population points.  In Freeciv, however, this is hard-coded as 8.

I was thinking of putting this in a ruleset -- but which one?  It doesn't
seem to fit well in any existing one.

One possibility that came to mind was:  In Jerzy's recent patch that adds
city styles, he added a "misc.ruleset".  But, in his patch it contains only
city style information.  If we renamed it "cities.ruleset", then it would
seem that add_to_size_limit would fit right in.

jjm