Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Menu i18n

To: dperezs@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Menu i18n
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 12:37:50 +1000 (EST)

David Perez Serrada wrote:

>   Cause the later patch, which mark most of the strings in freeciv, was a
> mess, I decide to make small patchs. So there is the first one, it
> translate all the menus in the gtk client, I hope this one works well.

Ok, thanks, I've checked this in.  I did make some changes,
in particular I made it so that there are only few changes
in update_menus(), and instead menus_set_sensitive() and
menus_rename() call a new function translate_menu_path()
which does strtoking and translating of menu path components.
Works ok for me...

>   Of course I modify POTFILES.in and es.po (a complete translation of
> menus to spanish is provide).

Not quite complete now because "Active Units" menu changed
to "Military Report" already :-)

-- David