Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] sea unit move

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] sea unit move
From: Laurent Vibert <lvibert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:46:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I just don't find natural that when 2 tiles of land are crossing
diagonally 2 tiles of sea, both sea unit and land unit can pass; the
graphical choice is actually to show land, so that I think it would be
better not allowing the ship to pass.

In another, way, when you build a city in an isthmus, it allows ship to
pass from one side of the land to the other: it make a canals. This make
a strategic interest, but it isn't natural. Why not with port facilities
for example, but in the beginning, that's not good. This point should be
harder to change than the first one (but I'm not a developer).

-- Laurent