Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] borders (was: a few ideas)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] borders (was: a few ideas)
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Sep 1999 20:16:48 +0200

Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > In the future though, with the ability to have
> > treaties with other players (especially AI), borders keep the AI
> > from running about and 'hanging around' in your territory.
>
> I think the implementation of diplomatic status is already badly needed
> to provide some counterbalance to the more advanced government forms.
> Some movements (especially attacks) should be prohibited for them
> when at peace with a neighbour.

I'm working on it (again :). Unfortunately, I will be away for 3 weeks
after saturday. I will leave a patch on a webpage if somebody is
interested, but it is not really working yet.

With my patch, you can only attack when explicitly at war. If you try
to attack a unit in another state, you get a requester where you can
declare war, or you can select that from the players menu.

        Falk