Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion/ideas

To: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion/ideas
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:27:07 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:

>Hi! This is my suggestion:
>
>*Good diplomacy with computer players, like in civ2 (of course better
>recommended ;) )

I guess this is being done. (AI client project?) From my point of view this
is the thing I don't like to play FreeCiv alone - there isn't (yet) any
possibility to be able count on your neighbours in any respect. The
computer players lack the skill to negotiate being some kind of destroyer
robots of different levels :)

As a multi-human-player game FreeCiv is great!

>*Trading with computer/human player (cities, land, money and so on)

Trading gold (money), advances, maps has already been implemented, right?
Defining 'land' is in a way meaningless unless you mean e.g. moving the
troops off the land you buy, but who'd then stop them from returning? Well,
maybe there's some point in this anyway (two cities close to each other
rivaling for resources). Cities? -Why not? Units?

        Mika
If there was any justice in the world, "trust" would be a four-letter word.