Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC/GTK question

To: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC/GTK question
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:38:27 +0100 (WET DST)

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Andy Black wrote:

> Hi
>
> What is the GdkGC data type and what is it's purpose?

The GdkGC is basically a Graphich Context.  GdkGC is a wrapper around the
X Window System's GC.  I think MS Windows has something similar in the
form of Device Contexts (DC's).  The GdkGC basically has a set number of
attributes like the background color, the line stipple style, the clip
mask, etc.

> Andy
>
> BTW: In load_tile_gfx  in graphics.c, during some of the later loops, could
> crop_sprite be used insted of the sequence of gdk comands and the ctor
> sprite?

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering