[Freeciv-Dev] Compiler Problem in astring.c

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Compiler Problem in astring.c
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 14:16:48 +0100

Hello,

The compiler I use (not gcc) has problems to compile the new astring.c
file without errors:

  struct athing zero_ath =  { 0, ( size ), 0, 0 } ;
gg:freeciv-cvs/common/astring.c 107 Error 20: invalid constant expression

It seems that it cannot handle this :-(
However I attached a patch which fixes this. It also add some
missing includes in some files and corrects some function
headers to match the prototype (static). The compiler warns
otherwise.
Also my system doesn't know about SIGPIPE. I've put
#ifdef SIGPIPE and #endif pair around the signal function in
sernet.c.

Maybe it is also possible to remove the ATHING_INIT marcro
and use ath_init() instead (although the are no further problems)?
If you agree I will write the patch for it.

All works great when compiling with gcc, but I'd like to that I
also can compile freeciv with the other compiler ;-)

bye,
Sebastian Bauer