Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Ranking

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Ranking
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:31:19 +0200

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> It seems to me that freeciv lacks a ranking display. I find it very fun
> to observe fluctuations in ranking between players during gameplay.
> Maybe it can be added ? Here is sketchy rules for computing it (having
> nothing to do with original civ/civ2/ctp rules - just my imagination):

One problem with this is that you can figure out what exactly your opponent
is doing by looking at the score.
You can look at the Demographics, were your relative ranking in several
categories is displayed.
I think what is missing there is that when having an embassy with other players,
you also should be able to access their demographics.

What really is missing is a device for displaying graphs.

--
Peter Schäfer - mailto:schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
Support the Campaign to Save Iridium Telecom -