[Freeciv-Dev] Suggestions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestions
From: "Laurens Witjens" <witjelc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:12:24 +0000

Dear freeciv-people,

I have some suggestions for your game. I would just like to say how
much I appreciate an iniative like this. By the way I haven't played
the game myself yet, so some of my suggestions may be a bit ignorant.

1)Ranged attacks (as in SMAC)
2)Stacks (as in CTP, but better implemended)
3)Planetary council (as in SMAC)
4)Diplomatic and economic victory (as in SMAC)
5)Underwater and space bases (as in CTP)
6)Road, railroad and magtube system (as in CTP)
with the possibility to build them on water
7)Caravan/trade/piracy system (as in CTP)
8)New (future) technologies

All suggestions require a lot of extra AI, so I don't know how
feasible they are but I would love to play the game with these
options.

Note: too much realism can damage gameplay. Such as the suggestions of
minefields and different currencies for each nations. I don't think
the game will improve if these options are implemended.

Also I don't think it's a good idea to have too much nations (>20),
because I think it's important that each nation shows it's own
behaviour (different AI, compare for instance Alexander the Great and
George Washington).

Finally: the most important issue right now, apart from improving the
AI, is giving the game better graphics. I hope that someone will
invest the time. Suggestion: I think the units and cities would look
better if the flags were a bit smaller.

Greetings

Laurens Witjens