Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Internationalization (PR#69)

To: dperezs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Internationalization (PR#69)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:05:04 +1000 (EST)

David =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?= Serrada <dperezs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Thanks for all of your correction, some of them were of the
> type ItWorksForMe(c) :)

Yeah :-)  I'm not 100% sure of my corrections for the same reason.
I guess now it should go into CVS and we find out if other people
have problems.

>  * support for translate help files (I add a patch in this mail to do
> it)

Thanks.
Can we put the language-check stuff in a function somewhere
and do it just once and then cache the result?
(I'm thinking it may be useful elsewhere at some time.)
Eg, like user_home_dir() in common/shared.c
http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/common/shared.c#L464

Is there any problem with leaving the English version as
just helpdata.txt instead of helpdata.en.txt?
(And check for strcmp(language,"en"), if necessary?)
Because that makes it clear that the English version is
the primary one, and the others are translations, which
might not be as up-to-date.

Regards,
-- David