[Freeciv-Dev] ./configure broken again?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] ./configure broken again?
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:29:29 +0200

I think ./configure is broken in 1.8.1.

The problem, which not many users will encounter, is that a fixed series
of directories is searched for X11 libraries.  As a result, references
to /usr/local end up in paths.  Now when this happens on my system,
compilations (and even ./configure) will fail miserably, because of
some evil libraries in /usr/local/lib.  I need the option to *exclude*
/usr/local from the paths considered by configure.  No, --x-includes
and --x-libraries won't help here, it's not the X libs that cause the
problem.

Can this be fixed somehow?  1.8.0 compiled without problems.

--
Reinier Post