[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Observer

To: Blind Message: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Observer
From: Michael Mielke <michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

> > I think there should be an ability for observer ports.  With observer
> > ports, more people can watch/play.
>
> E. g. for your opponents? ;)
>
> I would like to save the server and client options.
>
> bli

Not for your opponents, say, lets just say that a newbie wants to learn
how to play by watching more experienced people play it.  There should be
an observer port.  The feature would show the whole map, all the moves of
all the players and learn from there.  It is probably a better way than
just watching the computer.  They should be able to click on any
building/unit and get the info--cheating observers should be kicked out.
An observer should be able to view anything for any player.

|\  /| ICHAEL  http://dave.mielke.cc/~michael   Bill Gates does not make
| \/ | IELKE   If you have any other comments   Microsoft Windows, Bill
|    | just email me @ michael@xxxxxxxxx        Gates makes Crashing Windows
        Drug Users are Losers, Money Drainers are Wasters