Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Map wrap

Cc: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Map wrap
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:59:52 +0200

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> Is map wrapped either horizontally or vertically ? Is this an option or
> only way possible ?
>
> What is "is_earth" field in packet_map_info for ? I'm mean, what is
> differnce for client between earth and non-earth map ?
>
> Artur

The only way possible is wrapped along the x-axis, that is,
the left and right edges are glued together.

A lot of freeciv code does not call any adjustments for the y-axis.

is_earth
This is probably completely unused.
It is supposed to tell the client the standard earth map is used.
As earth map would be the same for all client, the map would not
need to be transmitted, for example, but loaded from a file.

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
Spiegel Online, 12.6.99 -