[Freeciv-Dev] Multiple players per nation

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Multiple players per nation
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:04:04 +0200

Just though I would throw You this and see if anyone cares to comment...

Some issues concerning client-side ai are best solved by allowing
several players to share the same nation... This would for ex allow You
to assign a certain area or task to another player - ai or human...

There would be one nation leader (the first (human?) player to connect)
and the server wouldn't have to care since all commands would come from
this player... There would, however, be a need for a packettype for the
purpose inter-nation communications...

Now, I am a big fan of general packets and avoiding changing the
protocol... I have suggested two new types of packets so far...
One for making it possible for the client to keep data in the server and
this one... I think it would be a great step if these could be unified
in a general packettype... Once there actually is a general packettype
in use it will hopefully be used when one feels like adding a new one...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)