[Freeciv-Dev] Gtk+ Server (update 1)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Gtk+ Server (update 1)
From: jpranevich@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:48:50 -0400

Hello,

Here's an updated patch with more of the infrastructure in place. The text
version of the server won't work, but it needs only elementary changes if you
really feel like it. (Honestly, you aren't using this patch for the text server,
right?)

I still can't test it because of some problems with the gtk server. (The arrow
keys are active in the chat window, not the map) Any help here?

In any case, there's a lot more infrastructure here. You can now see my
replacement for the functions thaat write to the screen (freelog, printf, etc)
and get a feel for what I intended gui_tasks struct to be for. (Hooks back into
gui-specific code from common code, but only when vital. It also handles
notifications from the network layer.)

The AI window works a lot more as advertised.

Still upcoming is more of a conversion of log messages to the status bar (I
might actually modify common code, oh dear) which may require some more in depth
changes to work the "right" way. Also, a reworking of the playerlist to be
decent and customizable. (and sortable) Also, several other dialogs including a
options dialog to replace all of the lesser-used server options, working load
and save, and other things on my mind.

Please let me know what you think of the patch. Someday, we can merge. :)

Joe