[Freeciv-Dev] The Money System

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] The Money System
From: "Jonathan Scott" <noctua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 11:14:25 -0400

I very much like the idea of each nation having its own currency;
the value of which fluctuating with the wealth and prosperity of the
civilization.  And if that is implemented, I believe it would be quite
fun to have a sort of "Wonder of the World" or Global State that a
civilization could impose on other players to create a common
currency (European Free Market, as an example).  Potentially this
could hurt the weaker players and strengthen the one who created
the condition; and, of course, it could backfire and the rich could go
poor.  Perhaps it could allow civilizations to steal the cities of other
nations by open trade and influence -- caravans now have the
capacity of spies?   I don't know -- something like this could get
complicated very quickly; but, then again, that is realistic, no?

Cheers,
Jon