Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK+ client to big problem

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK+ client to big problem
From: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 11:28:00 +0000

>         I agree with this sentiment.
>         640x480 I can tolerate dismissing as "small and cramped", but
> 800x600 is something we really should be able to fit into.
>         David? Is it possible to use the data returned by XOpenDisplay and
> maybe choose different layouts based on screen real estate?

That would be nice .. then if the user has 800x600 the minimap and the
chatwindow gets a fixed sice .. then no   map or tileset will ruin it.

>         I'd be leery of it.  At the larger limits, the minimap does take
> up a fair amount if your 800x600 screen.  But at the default map sizes, it
> shouldn't be a serious issue.

I use the Trident 30x30 tiles .. and I run the europe map .. then the
minimap gets huge .. if it was fixed and only grows if the screen size
is bigger, then the problem is gone.

> > Also the chat window could that be smaller to by default ..
>
>         Since it's scrollable, that might be a partial solution.

Yes! That shouldnt be the hardest problem .. when I start up the client
everything can almost be there .. except the chat window .. and if only
the minimap stayed at the first size then I would be happy.

Best regards

Martin Willemoes Hansen

E-Mail  mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC     MWH/DR_NICK ; ircnet, openprojects
ICQ     11597690