Re: [Freeciv-Dev] darkreighn

To: penny toomy <pyroskie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] darkreighn
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 13:40:17 +0200

penny toomy wrote:

> has any one considered implimenting the feature of setting youre units on
> harass/search and destroy and perhaps other options in
> free civ it played a very useful part in dark regihn and i think it could be
> very handy in free civ ,also the ability to but a unit on patrol going over
> various way points would also be very handy
> another feature of darkreighn which i would be a little less inthusiastic
> about would be the ability to build faxk citys and towns so as to confuse
> youre enemys this and the ability to produce fake units would produce some
> interesting situations

FreeCiv units don't do range attacks;
therefore sending them to attack without human supervision
is pretty pointless, as who moves first plays an important role.

As there is no fog of war yet, patrol mission don't make much sense yet.
But with fog of war patrol would be cool.

I really liked the scouts in DARK REIGN though :-)

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"Buy AMD processors or you will have to pay $4000 for the cheapest CPU in 2020"