Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Spelling Error

To: Arawlin768@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Spelling Error
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 14:17:39 +1000

Arawlin768@xxxxxxx wrote:

> It is amazing to me that a team working across the world
> can work to create and implement software that is so efficient and
> cohesive.

Actually, it surprises none of us!! ;-)

We try to "harness the power of the bazaar", which promises
great software if we follow the principles.  See the CatB paper:

  http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar.html

Freeciv is good because of the contributions of many many people,
who want to help just as you do.  You are welcome to join in.

> In this example the underlined word should be corrected as "repeat", I am not
> sure if this was a simple mistake but the documentation asked those to report
> errors.  I wish I could be of greater help.  I will keep in touch.

I would suggest trying the "How to contribute" link on the
Freeciv web page:

  http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html

This will teach you how to generate "diff" files, which are the
"currency" of changes within our project.  Send us a diff and we
can put it in!!

Regards,

Mitch.
--