Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC diffs, v2

To: ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC diffs, v2
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:39:13 +1000

Andy Black wrote:

> The folowing is the updated set of diff files for my changes.  could
> someone check if they compile for linux?

Sorry, haven't checked it yet, but some minor comments:

> -#if IS_BETA_VERSION
> +#if (defined(GENERATING68K) || defined(GENERATINGPPC))       /* mac alternate
> beta */
> +  #if IS_BETA_VERSION
> +    con_write(C_COMMENT,"This is an alpha/beta version of MacFreeciv. "
> +            " This is based on the 1.8.0 Version of the Freeciv code. "
> +            " Send error/bug reports to :%s"
> +            " Visit
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Orchard/8738/MFC/index.html\n";
> +            "for new versions of this project",MAILING_LIST);
> +  #endif

Unless you define IS_BETA_VERSION yourself, the above stuff should
really be outside that test?  Since it doesn't depend on whether
the main freeciv distribution is defined as beta.

Also, it looks like your email has wrapped lines, which may
make the patch hard to apply.  Can you send patches as MIME
attachments or perhaps uuencoded?

> +#if (defined(GENERATING68K) || defined(GENERATINGPPC)) /* mac network
> globals */
> +TEndpointInfo meta_info;
> +EndpointRef meta_ep;
> +InetAddress serv_addr;
> +#else /*LINUX network globals*/

Minor comment regarding this comment: this sort of stuff
(and freeciv in general) is not Linux specific; maybe Unix
specific, or simply "non-mac" :-)

Regards,
-- David