[Freeciv-Dev] Switching horses--er, tiles in midstream?

To: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Switching horses--er, tiles in midstream?
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:39:29 +0000 (GMT)

Hummm,

  I have just discused with my technical staff. What you intend to do is
not that easy. You have to take into account rulesets. There must be
a description of the tileset to check if it is compatible with the
rulesets. It may be done in 2 steps :
   first create a file which described the mapping : unit -> unit tile.
   Second be abble to load tileset in this format.
   Third Allow to change tileset in midstream.

For the first one, we can have
SPACE_WARRIOR    1 1
BLUE_BEAST      31 1
WHITE_DAEMON    61 1
DEFAULT         91 1

Specify the name of the unit and coordonates in the xpm file.
We can have a DEFAULT drawing for missing units.
It can be usefull for developping new modpacks.

Best regards,