Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Idea (battle.net)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Idea (battle.net)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 22:32:24 +0200

> OTOH, the way people on slashdot rave about the FreeCiv AI, perhaps picking up
> an AI civ should be considered and advantage rather than a handicap!

I agree.  Joining a game as an AI player at an early stage (roughly:
before any wonders are finished) gives players an advantage, in my
(limited) experience.  Once I joined a game as an AI with 7 cities;
it was building caravans already, but no wonders had been completed yet;
it was only 3rd in demographics; but I soon found myself in a won position,
one that I would never have been able to gain by myself, although I can
easily beat the AI.

The AI truly does a tremendous job at the expansion stage of the game.
(Helped by some cheating, of course.)

--
Reinier