Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Code Questions

To: ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Code Questions
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:34:27 +1000 (EST)

Andy Black wrote:

> I have a few questions about some files that are generating errors in the
> server code for the mac compile.
>
> What is the purpose of void myusleep(unsigned long usec) in
> common/shared.c, what are the units of time used, what is the variable that
> is passed in used for?

This function is to provide the function "usleep" which is
available on some but not all platforms.  My usleep manual page
says:

       The  usleep()  function  suspends execution of the calling
       process for usec microseconds.  The sleep may  be  length-
       ened  slightly by any system activity or by the time spent
       processing the call.

> Why is sys/time.h needed in mapgen.c?

I think it isn't needed.  (Maybe it once was, or someone just
copied headers from somewhere else.)

> Why is sys/types.h needed?

It seems to be needed for select() (networking stuff, also to
fake usleep if necessary), maybe other stuff as well.

Regards,
-- David