Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] civclient segfaults on startup (PR#35)

To: garyc@xxxxxxxx, Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] civclient segfaults on startup (PR#35)
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:47:29 +0200

> I am using SuSE 6.0 Linux with kernel 2.2.10

In my case, it is usually a problem with which Xaw it is linked against.

Run ldd over the civclient program:
ldd client/civclient

It is usually a problem with which Xaw it is linked against.
You can experiment with the Xaw switches for configure (./configure --help ).
Brutal method: You might also try linking statically against the libXaw
you want to try (replace the -lXaw you find in the client/Makefile
 by /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.a for example). This affects the final link step,
when compiling the client. You also copy and type that line by hand for
quick experiments.
See the relevant threads in the list.

Good Luck

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program