Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patches for port?

To: allanc@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patches for port?
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:10:15 +1000

Allan Clark wrote:

> I have done a prelim port to SCO UW7; I have a patch of changes that are
> necessary; I have not yet started up the processes.  I wanted to
> preserve the existing work first.
>
> To whom would I send this patch file ? (diff -cr format, freeciv-1.8.0 &
> mod directories )

Send it to freeciv-dev, usually, thanks.  That way everyone gets
to see whats happening, and it goes into the list archives.

See also http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html for some info
about submitting patches.  Some of the stuff on that page is
basic stuff about how to use "diff" etc, but there is also
some policy information about how we prefer things.
(Within section I as well as in section V.)

To the list: another possibility would be to submit patches
to the bug tracking system, and use it also as a patch tracking
system.  (Submissions to the bug system also go to freeciv-dev.)
I would suggest that patches which the patch author considers
"finished" should be sent to the bug tracking system.  Patches
which are work-in-progress could go just to freeciv-dev, for
comments, although even there sending them via the bug system
would be ok by me.

Regards,
-- David