Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wishlist:Bombers (PR#22)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wishlist:Bombers (PR#22)
From: schaefer@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 00:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> schaefer@xxxxxx (schaefer@xxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > Bombers, Fighters, and all other units running out of fuel,
> > should return to the nearest own city at end of turn
> > automatically.
>
> I disagree.  It would be useful to have a command or configurable
> option to send a unit to the nearest friendly city, but in many cases I
> intentionally sacrifice an air unit, sending it outside of its normal
> range in order to strike at some target that's worth the loss of the
> plane.  I wouldn't want to be denied this capability.
>
> --
> Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
> wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.
> http://www.kellnet.com/wooledge/ |

Read my proposal again. I'm talking about those units that you have not had time
to move due to timeout, and that will crash the next turn start.
The rule is applied at the end of turn.

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program