Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] RE: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv

To: <hop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] RE: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:59:43 -0400

Hi,

As the person who put together the distribution for cygwin I can say that
I'd be happy with a native port.

However, I don't find cygwin to be too big or slow.  I run it all the time.
I also no longer consider it beta quality (I have more problems with native
NT).

The Starnet server (http://www.starnet.com) may be used for an X server.

I'm also looking into getting the freely distributable VNC server working.

As for changes needed to the code, perhaps Xemacs would provide a good
example
since it now supports both X and native MS-Windows windowing.  Andy Piper
has
been doing some work recently trying to align them even more than they are
currently.

Can you explain how GTK+ works natively?

Regards,

Todd